Our 2021 Single Payer Champions are:
- Sara Nelson, International President of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO
- Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II, Co-Chair, Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival
- Cheryl Kunis, MD, MS (in Bioethics), Clinical Professor of Medicine & Special Lecturer, Columbia University; Adjunct Clinical Professor of Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai; clinical nephrologist; Board member of PNHP - NY Metro
Ways you can help grow this movement for health justice:
1. Making a one-time donation to support our work by visiting: https://www.pnhpnymetro.org/honorees2021_donate
2. Become a monthly sustainer to support our ongoing programming by visiting: https://www.pnhpnymetro.org/honorees2021_recurring
AND CARE FOR EVERY BODY T's!
Recent Online Educational Forums
CLICK HERE for videos and written information related to our:
- September 2021: Activism as a Health Professional Student: Finding Ways to Join Local Efforts
- June 2021: NYC Plans for Medicare Advantage
- May 2021: Substance Use and Single Payer: Connecting the Dots
- April 2021: Why Hospitals & the People They Serve Should Support Single Payer & the NY Health Act
- March 2021: Achieving Healthcare for All: The NY Health Act for a Just COVID Recovery
- February 2021: Invest In Our New York: Education, Housing, Food, Jobs, & Health
- January 2021: Unequal Treatment: The Unjust Death of Dr. Susan Moore
- November 2020: COVID-19, Long-Term Care, Single-Payer & the Elections
- June 2020:COVID Capitalism and the Fight for Health Care Justice and Societal Transformation
- May 2020: Combatting COVID & Building Resilience: Health, Jobs, & Homes
- April 2020: The Roles of Racism & For-Profit Healthcare in Pandemic Response Failures
Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP) is a single-issue organization advocating a universal, comprehensive single-payer national health program. PNHP has 22,000 members and over 50 chapters across the United States.
Since 1987, we've advocated for reform in the U.S. health care system. We educate physicians and other health professionals about the benefits of a single-payer system--including fewer administrative costs and affording health insurance for the 30 million Americans who have none.
Our members and physician activists work toward a single-payer national health program in their communities. PNHP performs ground breaking research on the health crisis and the need for fundamental reform, coordinates speakers and forums, participates in town hall meetings and debates, contributes scholarly articles to peer-reviewed medical journals, and appears regularly on national television and news programs advocating for a single-payer system.
PNHP is the only national physician organization in the United States dedicated exclusively to implementing a single-payer national health program.