CURRENT + UPCOMING EVENTS:
As we near the end of 2022, we are looking back at all that we have accomplished... and how this work sets the stage to continue our organizing into 2023.
Throughout this challenging year PNHP-NY Metro has been working tirelessly to advance health equity. To revisit just a few of our accomplishments this year:
- During our annual Lobby Day, we coordinated thirteen delegations that met with New York State Senators and Assembly Members in support of the New York Health Act, working with the Campaign for New York Health throughout the year to maintain public pressure on the legislature to pass this vital bill.
- We met with nine of our national legislators to discuss the most recent Medicare privatization scheme: ACO-REACH. This superficial rebranding of the Direct Contracting program intentionally misleads people by using language to align itself with the Accountable Care Organizations established under the Affordable Care Act, when in reality it’s a nonconsensual transition of seniors into managed care programs.
Facing the repeal of Roe, we joined with millions of people across the country to demonstrate against the draconian court ruling and to demand reproductive autonomy and abortion rights.
We rallied at Lincoln Hospital in recognition of the Bronx community’s legacy of fierce health advocacy, and once again marched for Queer Liberation, in rejection of nation-wide attacks on trans rights, and in celebration of our LGBTQ family. At every opportunity we work to build support for the NY Health Act, which will be an unprecedented expansion of rights and care, providing comprehensive healthcare including abortion and gender affirming care for all in NY state, without financial or other barriers.
To continue this important work, we need your support now more than ever!
Contributing is quick and easy and all donations are fully tax-deductible. Please make a generous one-time contribution today or become a sustaining donor! Sustaining donations provide stability and allow us to budget most effectively for the coming year. As an added bonus, sustaining donors making a monthly gift of $25/month or more to PNHP NY-Metro receive annual membership in PNHP National.
WEAR YOUR SUPPORT WITH OUR MEDICARE FOR ALL FACE MASKS
AND CARE FOR EVERY BODY T's!
Recent Online Educational Forums
CLICK HERE for videos and written information related to our past forums:
- March 2022: Why US Prescription Drug Prices are Too High... and How to Treat It
- February 2022: Privatizing Medicare Part II: How it Really Works
- January 2022: Privatizing Medicare: Impacts on Patients and Doctors
- November 2021: Single Payer: Everyone Has a Role to Play
- September 2021: Activism as a Health Professional Student: Finding Ways to Join Local Efforts
- June 2021: NYC Plans for Medicare Advantage
- May 2021: Substance Use and Single Payer: Connecting the Dots
- April 2021: Why Hospitals & the People They Serve Should Support Single Payer & the NY Health Act
- March 2021: Achieving Healthcare for All: The NY Health Act for a Just COVID Recovery
- February 2021: Invest In Our New York: Education, Housing, Food, Jobs, & Health
- January 2021: Unequal Treatment: The Unjust Death of Dr. Susan Moore
- November 2020: COVID-19, Long-Term Care, Single-Payer & the Elections
- June 2020: COVID Capitalism and the Fight for Health Care Justice and Societal Transformation
- May 2020: Combatting COVID & Building Resilience: Health, Jobs, & Homes
- April 2020: The Roles of Racism & For-Profit Healthcare in Pandemic Response Failures
Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP) is a single-issue organization advocating a universal, comprehensive single-payer national health program. PNHP has 22,000 members and over 50 chapters across the United States.
Since 1987, we've advocated for reform in the U.S. health care system. We educate physicians and other health professionals about the benefits of a single-payer system--including fewer administrative costs and affording health insurance for the 30 million Americans who have none.
Our members and physician activists work toward a single-payer national health program in their communities. PNHP performs ground breaking research on the health crisis and the need for fundamental reform, coordinates speakers and forums, participates in town hall meetings and debates, contributes scholarly articles to peer-reviewed medical journals, and appears regularly on national television and news programs advocating for a single-payer system.
PNHP is the only national physician organization in the United States dedicated exclusively to implementing a single-payer national health program.