Join PNHP – NY Metro on Saturday, June 30 in the National Day of Action to Fight for Families to demand that the Trump administration stop separating kids from their parents and stop criminalizing immigrant communities!
We will be part of White Coats 4 #FamiliesBelongTogether, organized by several progressive health professional groups. We will join together to use our moral voice, our clinical stories, our expertise on health harms, and our special position in society to make a case against this inhumanity.
Arrive between 9:30 and 9:45 AM where Centre St and the Brooklyn Bridge Promenade meet in Manhattan, and then we'll head over as a group to the main gathering at Foley Square.
A shareable Facebook event is here: https://www.facebook.com/events/767099593679811/
In Foley Square, a rally will start at 10:00 AM, followed by a march across the Brooklyn Bridge, led by children and their families, and ending at Cadman Plaza. This is a permitted event.
* For medical professionals: Come in your white coats or scrubs so we can create a strong visual image. You may want to cover your employer’s name from your attire to make clear that you are speaking for yourself as a health professional-citizen, not as an employee.
* Make signs specific to health, e.g., “Separation Is Health Harm”
* Get to the adjacent meet up spot early. Take a group photo before joining the actual rally.
* Share photos on social media! Consider using both hashtags WhiteCoats4FamiliesBelongTogether and #FamiliesBelongTogether
* We need to get the word out beforehand. Share this Facebook event locally and spread the word nationwide by reaching out to friends in other towns with their specific event.
* Be prepared to be interviewed by the media, who often single out health professionals in the crowd. Have 1 sentence ready to go. Emphasize your ethical duty to speak out against not just the health harms but also the immorality and inhumanity of our immigration policy.