Join us for a participatory workshop on how sharing our healthcare stories and using social media can help us be more effective advocates for universal healthcare and leaders for social change. Social media strategies will become even more important and impactful while we handle the effects of COVID-19.
- Have you ever delayed going to the doctor or getting medication because of cost?
- Ever stayed in a job because of the benefits?
- Have you ever been discriminated against by your provider or insurance company because of your race, gender, or sexual orientation?
- Do you worry about the cost of healthcare, now or in the future?
- Do you believe healthcare should be guaranteed for everyone?
The for-profit privatized healthcare system is hurting all of us — and it’s gone on far too long. In order to win healthcare for all, we must build a movement that includes everyone who stands to benefit from a transformation in the healthcare system. Our stories are our most powerful tool to fight for the right to healthcare and the many other changes our communities need.
We will discuss the strategies of Tuesday March 17th's Digital Day of Action + go over examples of social media advocacy and story sharing. Then we hope to see everyone's story selfies on social media right away! Print a story selfie sign here. See the story selfie guide here. See and share our social media toolkit here: www.bit.ly/GoBoldSocial031720
And please take a look at the rest of our Digital Day of Action for BOLD movement on healthcare in 2020! https://www.pnhpnymetro.org/lobbyday031720