We are in the home stretch of the 2021 New York State Legislative Session, with the NY Health Act now counting majority support in both houses. At this critical time, as we continue to organize to get across the finish line, we’re asking you, our loyal supporters, to help keep our efforts strong!
This momentous year, we invite you to help us honor a few of the members of the movement who have helped us get this far at our virtual celebration and dance party Celebrating Single-Payer Champions on Friday June 4. The evening will include an announcement of this year’s Single-Payer Champions (listed below), followed by a virtual dance party and chance to chat online with PNHP activists and your friends in the movement.
Our 2021 Single Payer Champions are:
- Sara Nelson, International President of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO
- Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II, Co-Chair, Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival
- Cheryl Kunis, MD, MS (in Bioethics), Adjunct Clinical Professor of Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai; clinical nephrologist; Board member of PNHP - NY Metro
Ways you can help grow this movement for health justice:
1. Making a one-time donation to support our work by visiting: https://www.pnhpnymetro.org/honorees2021_donate
2. Become a monthly sustainer to support our ongoing programming by visiting: https://www.pnhpnymetro.org/honorees2021_recurring
3. Buy a face mask! Shop here: www.bit.ly/m4amasks
4. Register for the Dance Party/Social Hour by signing up here: https://bit.ly/PNHPDanceParty