As New York finally begins to re-emerge from the lockdown, PNHP-NY Metro is ramping up the next phase of the fight for health justice. Universal, publicly-financed healthcare is increasingly on the political agenda. We’re asking for your help in moving toward victory.
The perfect symbols of our advances are our three Single Payer and Health Justice Honorees. Each has long worked to educate, agitate and organize in their respective sectors -- poor people, labor unions, and the healthcare community. We are happy to unveil short videos by or about all three Honorees.
Our 2021 Single Payer Champions are:
- Sara Nelson, International President of the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO
- Rev. Dr. William J. Barber II, Co-Chair, Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival
- Cheryl Kunis, MD, MS - Clinical Professor of Medicine Emerita and Special Lecturer, Columbia University; Adjunct Clinical Professor of Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai; clinical nephrologist and bioethicist; Board member of PNHP - NY Metro
This year has shown unprecedented interest in and support for single payer at both the state and national levels. At this critical time, as we continue to organize, we’re asking you, our loyal supporters, to help keep our efforts strong!
Ways you can help grow this movement for health justice:
1. Making a one-time donation to support our work by visiting: https://www.pnhpnymetro.org/honorees2021_donate
2. Become a monthly sustainer to support our ongoing programming by visiting: https://www.pnhpnymetro.org/honorees2021_recurring
3. Buy a face mask! Shop here: www.bit.ly/m4amasks