On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 advocates from across New York State will gather in Albany to rally and lobby in support of the Gottfried/Perkins NY Health Act (A5062/S3525).
The NY Health Act will create a publicly funded, universal single payer healthcare system in our state, guaranteeing healthcare to all NY State residents with no out of pocket costs. Everyone will be covered, regardless of immigration or employment status. Providers will have streamlined billing and payment procedures, and no more haggling with insurance companies. Employers will have lower, predictable costs, without restrictive networks. Local governments will save on public employee benefits.
RSVP today and:
- Get free transportation to/from Albany that day
- Host an event in your community to help spread the word
- Join in-district meetings during the legislative break April 6—17
- Pledge your organization to fill a van
- Donate to the campaign
- Download the flier in English and Spanish and help spread the word!
We need YOU to pass the bill in the State Assembly this session. Join us because healthcare is a human right!