CURRENT + UPCOMING EVENTS:
Join Us For A Reception
Celebrating Single-Payer Champions!
Tuesday, June 20, 2023 6-8:30pm
15 W 86th Street / New York, New York
CLICK HERE for tickets & additional info
Sign up for our mailing list for more details to come!
Join Us For A Potluck Picnic in Central Park!
Sunday, June 4, 2023 2-4pm
Sheep Meadow, Central Park / New York, New York
RSVP here to let us know if you’re coming and
planning on bringing a dish or beverage to share.
We are gathering in the park to celebrate spring and the completion of the inaugural cohort of the PNHP NY Metro Universal Healthcare Legislative Advocacy Fellowship. Meet future, current, and retired healthcare workers and advocates for universal healthcare, racial, economic, and social justice, build community, share your perspectives, and learn how to get involved.
If you’re considering joining the next cohort of our UHLAF fellowship, this is a great opportunity to speak with some people who have just finished it!
RSVP here and please spread the word to your friends and colleagues - all are welcome!
We plan to gather east of Le Pain Quotidien above Sheep Meadow, near the large boulders.
We will be set up for social distancing and wheelchair accessibility, near accessible restrooms.
WEAR YOUR SUPPORT WITH OUR MEDICARE FOR ALL FACE MASKS
AND CARE FOR EVERY BODY T's!
Recent Online Educational Forums
CLICK HERE for videos and written information related to our past forums:
- December 2022: A Celebration of Assemblymember Richard Gottfried & the New York Health Act
- November 2022: Indigenous Peoples’ Health: Inequities, Innovations & Lessons
- October 2022: NYC Administrative Code 12-126: What is it and what would Amending it Mean for NYC Public Employees?
- October 2022: How Private Equity Makes US Sicker
- September 2022: Environmental Justice is Health Justice: Exploring the Relationship between Environmental Health Advocacy and Single Payer
- May 2022: There is NO Health Care Justice without Abortion and Repro Health Justice!
- April 2022: Legislative Focus: NY Health Act and Ending Medical Debt - Preparing for Lobby Day
- March 2022: Why US Prescription Drug Prices are Too High... and How to Treat It
- February 2022: Privatizing Medicare Part II: How it Really Works
- January 2022: Privatizing Medicare: Impacts on Patients and Doctors
- November 2021: Single Payer: Everyone Has a Role to Play
- September 2021: Activism as a Health Professional Student: Finding Ways to Join Local Efforts
- June 2021: NYC Plans for Medicare Advantage
- May 2021: Substance Use and Single Payer: Connecting the Dots
- April 2021: Why Hospitals & the People They Serve Should Support Single Payer & the NY Health Act
- March 2021: Achieving Healthcare for All: The NY Health Act for a Just COVID Recovery
- February 2021: Invest In Our New York: Education, Housing, Food, Jobs, & Health
- January 2021: Unequal Treatment: The Unjust Death of Dr. Susan Moore
- November 2020: COVID-19, Long-Term Care, Single-Payer & the Elections
- June 2020: COVID Capitalism and the Fight for Health Care Justice and Societal Transformation
- May 2020: Combatting COVID & Building Resilience: Health, Jobs, & Homes
- April 2020: The Roles of Racism & For-Profit Healthcare in Pandemic Response Failures
Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP) is a single-issue organization advocating a universal, comprehensive single-payer national health program. PNHP has 22,000 members and over 50 chapters across the United States.
Since 1987, we've advocated for reform in the U.S. health care system. We educate physicians and other health professionals about the benefits of a single-payer system--including fewer administrative costs and affording health insurance for the 30 million Americans who have none.
Our members and physician activists work toward a single-payer national health program in their communities. PNHP performs ground breaking research on the health crisis and the need for fundamental reform, coordinates speakers and forums, participates in town hall meetings and debates, contributes scholarly articles to peer-reviewed medical journals, and appears regularly on national television and news programs advocating for a single-payer system.
PNHP is the only national physician organization in the United States dedicated exclusively to implementing a single-payer national health program.